Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Introducing...

Hi! My name is Shona Bracken and I am the new Youth Intern for the C@P Site at the Spencer House Seniors Centre in Halifax. You can check out our website here: www.spencerhousehalifax.blogspot.com

I just finished a degree in Sociology at York University and I'm now in a Communications program at Athabasca University (That's an online program) ... Yep, seems everything is online these days! It's great though - I study on my laptop and can go anywhere. I can Skype my tutor almost anytime and bombard them with questions about the course.

Speaking of going anywhere, I love to travel. I have been to all sorts of places in Latin America. Most recently, I did an internship at San Salvador, El Salvador, which is a beautiful, tiny country. I worked on a website for an NGO there. I have also been to Venezuela, Cuba, Nicaragua and Honduras. I also had the chance to tour the free internet cafes that they are introducing in Venezuela! This was very exciting for me.

I have a black belt in taekwondo, and consequently prefer ninjas over pirates. I also love dogs and am afraid of cats, but occasionally admire them from afar. My best friend is a black lab-greyhound. I like to ride my bike and I don't think I will ever get a driver's license because I am very loyal to my bike and I have never had to buy gas or insurance for it.

I am originally from Toronto, but consider myself an adopted Haligonian. Here is a picture of me waving to you from my mac photo booth!


P.S. I will be at the C@P Atlantic Digital Citizenship Conference next week in Cape Breton, so hopefully I will see some of you folks there!

No comments:

Post a Comment