Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Reflection

As the winter term comes to an end I've been doing some reflecting over what I've been doing over the past few months. As I'm mostly doing training I went though all my records and found that my training fell into these categories:

eBooks and Audiobooks
37.5%

Computer Basics (using a mouse and keyboard, windows, desktop, internet, email, etc.)
32.5%

Facebook, Twitter, Blogging
15%

Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations
7.5%

Other
7.5%

It seems that eBooks and Audiobooks and Basics took up most of my time. Basics training has always been popular at our branch and the eBooks popularity seems to be due to the recent surge in eReader popularity during Christmas. I was surprised that Facebook training wasn't more popular. However, the people I have seen for Facebook training did not originally want anything to do with it, but felt forced into it. It seems people are still skeptical about Facebook due to privacy issues.

What did you guys find yourselves mostly doing during your internship?

2 comments:

  1. This is great reflection! I can't wait to hear from everyone else about their winter internships adventures :)

    Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The e-books and audiobooks were also a big part of my internship. Especially because of the new digital media library (digitalmedia.halifaxpubliclibraries.ca). But it seems like the most difficult thing was getting people engaged with it. It has not been popular here because people are not used to it, but I have been trying to promote it because it's really useful!

    ReplyDelete