Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Challenge #2 Entry - Keegan Moser

This was interesting. I did quite a bit of tinkering trying to make the bottle curved before I got it to work out. I had to create a rectangular plane at an angle to the top face of the cylinder I began with, and use the Follow Me tool to extend the face around 360 degrees. I did this several times with different angles until I had the curved effect I was looking for.

I made labels for the bottle with Microsoft Paint, and used Adobe Photoshop to save them as a .png file that would give me an image without the white box surrounding it that a .jpg would inevitably have produced. Then I imported them into SketchUp as textures.

For the plate, I started with the basic shape, and used the offset tool many times to create a series of congruent shapes around it, then pushed them up to increasing heights.

The fries are just simple rectangular prisms. Some of them I sliced triangular segments away from the ends of , and used the move tool on single edges to make them look slightly more fry-like.

Huzzah for Ketchup.

I just used the upload image button to add the image to my post, if it won't enlarge, I'll upload it to Picasa or Panoramio, and add a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment