Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Walk.

This Tuesday morning, I had the pleasure of rejoining some of my Beaver Bank Senior friends for a walk to Second Lake in Sackville. The morning was extremely muggy and hot, but under the tree-cover it was like a whole other world- shady and cool.
I joined Rae, John, Ann, and Marion for a trek through the woods that lasted about an hour and was full, as always, of enlightened conversation. I was brought back to my past two Summers spent in Beaver Bank with the 'Keeners' as they call themselves, (rather than Seniors) and all of the wonderful times we had.
So, when Rae, who is the Treasurer, and unofficial 'head' of the group, asked me if I'd like to continue joining them throughout the Summer for weekly walks, run a few GPS events, and also correspond with them on their Organic Gardening Project (for which we successfully applied for a grant together last year), my answer was not surprisingly, YES!

I'll definitely keep sharing my Keeners stories throughout the Summer. They're an amazing group of people, and I'm extremely lucky to call them my friends. And maybe next week I'll dig up a few pictures of the horrible fire that took our community centre away. But for now, I'd like to just keep it light and scenic with these lovely pictures from our morning in the forest!

No comments:

Post a Comment