Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Allow Me To Re-Introduction Myself...

Hey, how's it going everyone, fellow C@P friends, anonymous web surfer. My name is Tristan but most of my friends call me TK and no I don't have any affilation(s) with the infamous carpet store in Dartmouth. I'm also a DJ (Plaeboi), web blogger (Viral Mixtape), closet computer nerd, and probably the coolest guy ever - just saying!

I've taken up the new Radio Producer / Production Coordinator / Spokenword Archivist job at CKDU. Thus far its been great. I like the staff and volunteers here: very friendly, easy going, laid back.

As of now my job has consisted of organizing over 900 spokenword reels which I have to encode, and assign meta-tags for each recording to be imported into a database which programmers can use from the MCR during their radio show(s). I believe I'm the first person to start this digitizing of media at this station, so I look to myself as a sort of "trendsetter", lol. Most radio stations (commercial) have their media on a database which is accessable by computer - I'm glad CKDU has started to do this.

Anyhoo, I'm going to sign off. Hope everyone who reads this has a great weekend!

PS: If you havent heard the TK's Carpets ad, it's in the video below along with some other classic Halifax commercials.

1 comment:

  1. Tristan! The work you're doing sounds really cool - and complicated, haha.
    Thanks for the vid, totally brought me back to my childhood!

    ReplyDelete