Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Greetings from the Nova Scotia Archives

I love history! The project that I am currently working on at Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management, therefore, has me pretty excited. As part of a larger initiative to make archival records widely available for viewing on the internet, I have been scanning, editing and entering data on some of the earliest land documents in Nova Scotia. These documents contain some fascinating stories and tidbits of the personal lives of Nova Scotians from as early as the 1760's. I am always tempted to do more reading than scanning!

This project is also proving to be a great opportunity for me to learn some new computer programs and brush up on some technology related skills. I am getting comfortable with some basic picture editing in Photoshop, as well as data entry and database management in Microsoft Access. I have also learned a lot about creating digital images; choosing a resolution, merging multiple images into one, and preparing images for display on the web.

Below is one of the images I have created as part of this project (Nova Scotia Archives and Records Management Land Papers Series "A", Vol. 1 - Wheelock, Abel).




Enjoy the snow everyone!

Jessie @ NSARM

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing Jessie! Awesome to hear about what you're up to! The paper image is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete