Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Flip Cam me a Tutorial!

Here at Keshen Goodman we have a lot of seniors. I often teach them computer basics. Some things are harder than others… such as computer terms. They often get confused between desktop, trashcan, file, program, browser and taskbar. It can be overwhelming. It’s practically like a new language for them to learn. As I was teaching one day, I had a random idea. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a youtube video explaining some of the basics… but instead of a tutorial on the computer, using real world items to create it?


It may sound a little out there, but I wanted to take a video from above looking down onto a desk, have a little trash can, files, folders, and do a skit about, say, writing a document, and saving and dropping and draging it into a file in a folder. It sounds a little complicated, but I really think it would be neat to explain the terms like that! Some people might benefit from a different perspective of how a computer desktop works. I’m still not sure of how I’d pull this off, but think with a little help it would be a really neat idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment