Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Keshen Goodman Library

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lyndsay and I've been hired as the C@P Intern at the Keshen Goodman Library in Clayton Park. I'm really excited to be working here.

The Keshen Goodman Library is beautiful. We are equiped with 9 computers and have printing available as well. The libray holds regular computer classes which I will be assisting. On Friday I assisted Ron in a Computer Baiscs Class. It consisted of 7 seniors with a wide range of computer skills. We mostly focused on mouse and keyboarding skills as most needed practice with that.

We offer other programs such as Beyond the Basics, Word processing Basics, Email Basics, Advanced Email, How to navigate the Internet, and Internet Searching Made Easy. These classes are taught by full time staff, but I will be assisting when possible.

Along with assisting computer classes I will offer basic One on One Computer help. Sessions will run an hour and patrons can book a time with me at the Reference Desk. I have also been assigned to develop and create an e-book information session starting in March. It will cover the basics of e-books and give descriptions of e-readers.



Here are some pictures of the C@P Site:








2 comments:

  1. Your C@P site is way bigger than ours. Does it ever get full? How many people usually come by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it's not being used as a classroom, it's free for the public to log in with their library card. We are located just down the road from a highschool, so we tend to have a lot of teens in the afternoon. The computers are usually full then. In the morning it's usually more relaxed.

    ReplyDelete